Monday, March 2, 2009

Welcome Gunner Michael Mobley!















































































Gunner finally made it into the world on Saturday, February 28th at 8:52 pm weighing in at 9 lbs 3 oz and 19.75 inches long. Saturday night was a very eventful one...

Travis and I had been in Savannah all day running errands. On the way home I started having a few contractions. They were just like they were earlier in the week... nothing regular or particularly strong. So Travis had a meeting at his hunting club at 6:00 that night. I told him to go ahead and go that I was fine. Well about 6:35 I called him and told him that he needed to come home. The contractions really came from out of the blue. Travis got home very quickly and we left shortly afterwards. My dad came over to tend to Coop while we hustled out of the house. When we left, the contractions were about 6-7 minutes apart. By the time we made it to Midway (about 10-15 minute drive) they were 4 min apart. By the time we got to Savannah I was about hysterical. I was sweating, laying with the seat all the way down and the window rolled down. Travis must have not been feeling my pain as he had the heat cranking on him :) When we got off on the exit for the hospital, my water broke and at this point contractions were about 1 min apart. I knew I was doomed and I was in much pain at this point. Travis called the hospital and they informed him to take me to the emergency entrance. They put me in a wheel chair and scooted me up quickly to labor and delivery while Travis parked the car. The first think I asked them was to please give me an epidural and the doctor right away checked me. He said what every pregnant woman doesn't want to hear... "You are at 9 cm. There is no time for an epidural; we're about to have a baby." I was hysterical and in shock mode. I have seen stuff like this on tv but it wasn't supposed to happen to me. So, Travis gets up there and is trying his best to calm me down. I could tell he was in shock mode too as they told him had we been any later and he would be the one delivering the baby in the car. So, here goes with no epidural, no nothing!!!! I was a nut case but thank goodness it was quick. 3 pushes and Gunner was born! That was SO scary but I am so thankful it happened so quickly! We were probably at the hospital a total of 45 minutes before he was born. But now, I can say it was way worth it although I am glad he is baby #2 b/c had he been baby #1, I would have never had another one!


I can barely hold my eyes open as I type this (I am being a good wife and letting Travis sleep while I handle tonight) but my baby is absolutely beautiful and chunky!!! He had lots of visitors in the hospital and is such a good little boy so far. Cooper is IN LOVE with his new baby brother. I will post some more pictures throughout the week of our new little addition. He just zonked out so I am hoping he will stay that way for a few so I can sleep too :)

4 comments:

  1. It makes me want to cry every time I hear or read about you being 9cm and just getting to the hospital and knowing that you are not going to get an epidural! You say you were hysterical and I can only tell you that I think I would have gone into shock and someone else would have had to deliver the baby for me. That is the scariest and best story I have ever heard!!! Gunner is such an adorable baby though, and look at those chunky cheeks...what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Mobleys! Two is so different from one - you will think that having one child was a breeze - take it from me!! Welcome to the no epideral club - it's not a fun club to be apart of. Can't wait to meet the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, he is SO adorable! I can't wait to see more pics. I CAN NOT believe you did that without an epidural. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is just beautiful brittney and i am so happy for you!!!! congratulations!!! glad delivery went so easily for you- i had 3 pushes w/tucker, too! funny how fast that 2nd one comes!!! he is just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete