

Yes, our little family is still here! We have had a SUPER BUSY summer (not all that we have planned)! We started out the summer by preparing and being in our good friends John Murray and Sara's wedding. They are officially Mr. & Mrs. Spurlin and we have got to get over there to see their new house!!!! The next week Travis and I were off to Ocho Rios, Jamaica for some much needed alone time. It was absolutely beautiful as we stayed at our 3rd Sandals resort. When we got their, we intended to just take a nap and then have a nice dinner. 13 hours later we woke up for an early breakfast :) We were so exhausted. While we were there we got the phone call from Travis' dad that Travis' aunt and cousin (Baboo & Nick) were killed in a car accident. From that point on, we were constantly thinking of home and ready to be back with our families. So we tried to make the most of our vacation that we were so looking forward to taking.
When we got home we had that to deal with and also a good family friend of Travis' passed. It was a very eventful week and not in a good way. That has all been very hard to deal with. Baboo & Nick were two of the most sweetest people ever. We really miss them so much! After that my mom and sister left for a cruise to the Bahamas. To pay them back for watching my 2 crazy kids, I got my nieces that week. They however are pretty easy. A trip the mall allowed me to release my girliness that I will not get to do with my 2 boys!
The next week Travis played in a golf tournament in St. Simon's so we decided to make a vacation out of it. My mom came down the first day/night with us and then took Gunner back home with her so I could do more with Cooper. We had a good time shopping, going to the pool, beach and being lazy! We ate very good while we were there and watched the fireworks on the beach on the 4th.
Got home, celebrated my sister's birthday... Happy Birthday Shannon!!!! and then got ready for my surgery the next day. (thanks to my big baby Gunner, I got a hernia after pregnancy)...
Getting a hernia fixed=a lot of pain. My stomach hurt to the touch. A week later, here I am. My mom just kicked all of my dirty laundry down the stairs. She has been my live in nanny while Travis is at work! :)
So, that has been our crazy summer in a nutshell. Crazy, crazy, crazy. And I go back to work 2 weeks from now. Not looking forward to that at all! I need more time :) Maybe things will be half way normal when I go back, though!
Gunner is getting so big! He is now cutting 2 teeth and is such a happy baby all of the time! Big Brother Coop is now potty trained!!!! Yeah!!!! No more pullups helps with the diaper bill now :)
Will post much sooner than I did last time! :)
WOW! It has been one busy summer for you. I am glad you are feeling better. This is the first summer I am not looking forward to going back either...don't know why exactly except we have enjoyed being lazy by the pool. Love the pictures of the boys they are getting so big. I've been blogging since April and love it. lifewithmacygirl@blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteYour boys are getting so big and they are just too cute!
ReplyDelete