Thursday, September 25, 2008
I Hate Needles!
Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment (17 weeks). At the last appointment they told me that I would be getting 2 tubes of blood taken. So I attempted to prepare myself which never helps at all. So after I get there I sit down and see 5 huge tubes with my name on it. Since they lost my blood from my 1st appointment, they had to redo those 3, plus this visits' 2 tubes. Who else does that happen to but me? So the lady that I call the Mean Nurse sticks my arm and I am doing surprisingly well. She knows how much of a sissy I am so she is talking to me the whole time. So after about a minute (I'm sure it was only seconds) the doctor walks around the corner and ties that big rubber band thing on my lower arm. I said "Oh no, you're not going to have to stick me again are you?" Well since no blood was coming, the answer was yes. So my doctor sticks my hand out of all places. I know I can put some weight on when I'm pregnant but my hands are still pretty much bones... not much blood. So the needle is being pushed around my hand and I start getting to the normal blood-taking Brittney. My hands start sweating and I am starting to black out. I told them that it hurt and I was about to faint. So they stopped (only for a few minutes). Then they take me back in the room and let me listen to the heartbeat. It was 145 beats a minute. I love that sound :) Then it was time for the needle again. So my doctor takes my blood in my left arm, the Mean Nurse is standing beside him talking to me, and there was another nurse facing me while I laid down. This time my blood thankfully was flowing. Now I know that I just need to lay down when they take my blood. They had the smelly salt waiting on me in case I passed out. Oh, the mean nurse so nicely told me when they were finished "Brittney, as much as I know you dreaded coming today, I dreaded you coming even more!" How extremely nice, huh?!!?! The sad thing is that I like that lady :) She always has a wet rag and orange juice waiting when they take my blood. So I looked like a freak show with all of my bandaids when I left. But the good news is that we find out what we're having in 2 1/2 weeks. October 13th is the big day!!! So don't forget to vote on the side of the page what you think Baby Mobley is going to be. The vast majority of everyone thinks girl. Sorry Travis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You find out in 2 weeks??? I can't wait!!! I'm thinking girl! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your blood story! Yuck!