Monday, October 13, 2008

Oh Boy!!!


That's right... another boy! We went in for my big ultrasound today and I was so nervous. As much as I had convinced myself that it was a girl, I knew deep down that it was going to be another boy. When the doctor slowed down on the screen, I said "It's a boy!" She told me that I was taking her thunder away, that she was supposed to be the one to say what it was :) She said she saw it a couple of times before she told us but that she was positive it was a boy. The cord was down there too so we have a picture although its not super great. He was steady kicking his feet and kept putting one of his arms behind his head. I just loved seeing my baby on that screen. I could sit there and watch it all day! Although I was very excited at our news, you could not knock the smile off of Travis' face. He said his stress level went way down and he didn't have to worry about money (all that spending I would have done with a girl!) I boohooed at the thought that this may be my last baby (because that's what Travis is set on) but I am so thrilled that Cooper will have a brother to play with. I know he is going to love him to pieces once he gets here. Right now he does not want to talk about the baby at all! It will all work out. I also thought about those days when both boys will go hunting or fishing with Travis and I can have peaceful days at home or out shopping... how nice will that be!?!?!? We told our family with a cookie (see picture). I love those cookies and am helping my body by eating one in bed as I type. They are all very excited although most of them thought it was a girl, too! My scanner is not cooperating right now so I will get that done tomorrow and post pictures of our precious little BOY!!!! Travis and I had 2 names picked out for a girl and none for a boy... go figure. So any cute names, send them our way :) All I have come up with so far is Carson. I'm not so sure Travis is sold on it. Anyways, lots of blue in our house along with cars, trucks, trains, and a mess! I am so excited and cannot wait for our baby to get here. Half way done!!! Check back for pics from our ultrasound...

2 comments:

  1. congratulations! i am so thrilled for you for SO many reasons! 1st of all, those boys are going to be SO protective of their mama...and think what a special bond that will be! you are so right, you are going to have lots of peaceful saturdays...just girl time for yourself! you are also going to be the most special girl in all their lives...that means extra specially taken care of! brittney...i am so happy for you and travis! names...carter, asher, ashton, carson, garrett, barrett, parker, hum...i will keep thinking...these are all names i have heard recently and liked! tucker was supposed to be parker...that's a LONG story though! love you girl! congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Brittney! I am so happy for you guys! I know that Cooper will love having a baby brother.

    ReplyDelete