Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crazy Times






















As I type this post I am sitting outside in the dark with Cooper playing with his lawnmower that blows bubbles by the light of the porch lights :) He has been loving the weather and I feel guilty that we don't get out as often as we should. We have spent the last weeks crazy as can be. Last Friday my sister graduated from GSU and is now officially Dr. Shannon Dasher! We are all very proud of her. So, that was Friday and some time spent afterwards in shopping in Statesboro. That place has surely grown!! Then Saturday was her graduation party and then right afterwards a Christmas party for Travis' work. Sunday we had a Christmas lunch with a couple of Coop's friends and then afterwards I headed to my boss' house to help her decorate for our Christmas party which was last night. That brings us to now which I should be inside cooking for our breakfast at work tomorrow. I am stupid and signed up for 2 things, both of which I have to bake. So another long night for us...
In the meantime our house is a mess. Gunner's nursery is filled with Christmas presents that I keep putting off on wrapping. Travis claims he cannot wrap but I am about over the cuteness and don't care what they look like :) My grandma flies in on Sunday, which I am very excited about, but I really really need to clean my house before she gets here. Maybe soon Travis will realize that I really need help keeping the house clean! It just is getting to be too much. On top of everything, I have weighing on me that I haven't done hardly anything to get through with my dissertation. I am hoping to have some quiet time over the break. We shall see! Friday is my last day until the beginning of Jan. so at least I will have a little bit of time!
In all of this craziness I am so enjoying Cooper this Christmas. He gets so excited when he sees presents and loves to tell me all of the trains he wants. He still has absolutely no interest in Santa. Probably our first year with no Santa picture. I'll keep you posted on that one! The other night we painted his feet and made reindeer. Now he always wants to paint with his feet (as you can see in the picture of him trying to take off his sock)!
As for me, I am officially in the 3rd trimester... wow! I will be 29 weeks tomorrow. I go to the doctor on Thursday and then it's every 2 weeks. Crazy! I will be in full Gunner mode after Christmas. I cannot wait to get everything ready for him. I will post pics soon of Coop's big boy room and Gunner's nursery as we make progress. It is mostly staying the same as Cooper's! Hope everyone is doing great and is enjoying this time with family & friends!

3 comments:

  1. wow, i am exhausted...you have been busy!!! you look so great! merry christmas to you and yours! cooper is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been keeping yourself busy! I love the reindeer feet...too cute, as is Cooper. You look great, as always! Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a busy girl! I can't believe you are so far along..time really goes quickly!

    ReplyDelete