Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Update
























































Ok, I've been slow at posting lately but I have been very productive in the meantime. Christmas was certainly so much fun watching Cooper begin to realize what is really going on. He loved opening all of his presents and just knew that some sort of train was in everything he opened. Not only did he want to open his presents, but everyone else's, too! On Christmas Eve he made reindeer food for the first time and dumped it in the yard for all of the reindeer to find his house. He was very picky and only wanted to leave Santa 5 cookies and only a small drink of milk. He didn't want too much to do with that! He was so wound up on Christmas Eve that he just layed in his bed and talked until midnight. We knew that we would be able to sleep in Christmas morning but that was a no go with our excited Coop waking up at 6:00!!! And to think that he is only 2! Just wait until the excitement really sets in in a few more years. He got so many toys and we have been in cleaning mode getting ready for Gunner. We spent New Year's Eve at my parents' house next door. Cooper was once again a champ and made it to midnight. However, he was so exhausted that he was at home, in his bed asleep by 12:10. We spent the night eating and most everyone (except myself) played my nieces' Guitar Hero they got for Christmas. It was funny watching Travis and my mom who have both never played. I was a little productive and managed to monogram a few things for Gunner in between the excitement. More cleaning planned for tomorrow. My craft buying has been a little excessive so I am off to Michael's tomorrow to get an organizer. My dad (and Cooper) just put up a desk in our room today. I am hoping this will help keep me all together! I have really enjoyed being with Coop over the last 2 weeks and it will be so hard to go back to work on Monday. I just keep telling myself not much longer and I'll be at home for a while with Gunner!!! Wow!

No real prego update at the moment... just huge and Gunner is moving like crazy. I went 2 weeks ago for my diabetes test and am assuming everything is fine b/c no phone call. The doctor joked with me and told me that he was going to have to take the blood from my neck b/c that is where a good vein was. Ha, ha. Although I knew he was playing it made my stomach hurt just thinking about it :) The "Mean Nurse" informed me that I have gotten much better with my blood taking and that I only have one more tube of blood to take for this pregnancy. I can definitely handle that. I go back to the doctor this coming Thursday and hopefully will schedule my last ultrasound. He said only if we need one... I think we need one :) I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's!

3 comments:

  1. looks like cooper had a wonderful christmas....and it keeps getting better, too!
    happy new year...you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading what you guys are up to! Your blog always makes me laugh!! I am glad you had a great Christmas and New Year. Keep me updated about Cooper and Gunner!! :)

    Love-
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! I can't believe how big Cooper is getting! Jeff got rock band for his birthday this year, and we all can't get enough...so fun! Tell you fam hi for me!

    ReplyDelete